Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] dt-bindings: net: dsa: make phylink bindings required for CPU/DSA ports

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 11:17:20 -0600

On Mon, Aug 01, 2022 at 04:29:43PM +0000, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2022 at 09:22:56AM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > If I'm reading
> > 
> > https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]/
> > 
> > correctly - the warnings are expected but there needs to be a change 
> > to properties, so CR? (FWIW I'd lean towards allowing it still, even
> > tho net-next got closed. Assuming v2 can get posted and acked today.)
> 
> I can post the v2 of this patch today with Rob's indications and the
> correct indentation spotted by yamllint. I'm not going to fix the newly
> introduced warnings in drivers' examples - I don't know how, for one thing,
> that's hardware specific knowledge.

Sorry, but we can't have a bunch of warnings added. The examples must be 
warning free.

> 
> Rob, given that you've said DSA shouldn't validate the DT and then
> reconsidered, I'd appreciate if you could leave some acks on patches 1
> and 4 of that series, which deal with the kernel side of things, rather
> than the dt-schema.