Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/6] vsock: return errors other than -ENOMEM to socket

From: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 10:16:59 +0800

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for the patch! Perhaps something to improve:

[auto build test WARNING on mst-vhost/linux-next]
[also build test WARNING on linus/master v6.0-rc1 next-20220815]
[If your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, kindly drop us a note.
And when submitting patch, we suggest to use '--base' as documented in
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-format-patch#_base_tree_information]

url:    https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux/commits/Bobby-Eshleman/virtio-vsock-introduce-dgrams-sk_buff-and-qdisc/20220816-015812
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git linux-next
config: i386-randconfig-s001-20220815 (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20220816/[email-masked]/config)
compiler: gcc-11 (Debian 11.3.0-5) 11.3.0
reproduce:
        # apt-get install sparse
        # sparse version: v0.6.4-39-gce1a6720-dirty
        # https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux/commit/68c9c8216a573cdfe2170cad677854e2f4a34634
        git remote add linux-review https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux
        git fetch --no-tags linux-review Bobby-Eshleman/virtio-vsock-introduce-dgrams-sk_buff-and-qdisc/20220816-015812
        git checkout 68c9c8216a573cdfe2170cad677854e2f4a34634
        # save the config file
        mkdir build_dir && cp config build_dir/.config
        make W=1 C=1 CF='-fdiagnostic-prefix -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__' O=build_dir ARCH=i386 SHELL=/bin/bash fs/nilfs2/ net/vmw_vsock/

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag where applicable
Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>

sparse warnings: (new ones prefixed by >>)
>> net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport.c:173:31: sparse: sparse: restricted __le16 degrades to integer
   net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport.c:174:31: sparse: sparse: restricted __le16 degrades to integer

vim +173 net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport.c

0ea9e1d3a9e3ef Asias He       2016-07-28  161  
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  162  static inline bool
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  163  virtio_transport_skbs_can_merge(struct sk_buff *old, struct sk_buff *new)
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  164  {
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  165  	return (new->len < GOOD_COPY_LEN &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  166  		skb_tailroom(old) >= new->len &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  167  		vsock_hdr(new)->src_cid == vsock_hdr(old)->src_cid &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  168  		vsock_hdr(new)->dst_cid == vsock_hdr(old)->dst_cid &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  169  		vsock_hdr(new)->src_port == vsock_hdr(old)->src_port &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  170  		vsock_hdr(new)->dst_port == vsock_hdr(old)->dst_port &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  171  		vsock_hdr(new)->type == vsock_hdr(old)->type &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  172  		vsock_hdr(new)->flags == vsock_hdr(old)->flags &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15 @173  		vsock_hdr(old)->op == VIRTIO_VSOCK_OP_RW &&
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  174  		vsock_hdr(new)->op == VIRTIO_VSOCK_OP_RW);
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  175  }
93afaf2cdefaa9 Bobby Eshleman 2022-08-15  176  

-- 
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service
https://01.org/lkp