Subject: Re: [PATCH 9/9] u64_stat: Remove the obsolete fetch_irq() variants

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 09:02:00 -0700

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:27:06 +0200 Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2022-08-17 11:27:45 [-0700], Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > What's the thinking on merging? 8 and 9 will get reposted separately 
> > for net-next once the discussions are over?  
> 
> It depends on 2/9. So either it gets routed via -tip with your blessing
> or a feature branch containing 2/9 on top of -rc1 so you can pull that
> change and apply 8+9.
> Just say what works best for you and I let tglx know ;)

Heh, I saw a message from Greg politely and informatively explaining 
to someone how they have to structure their refactoring to avoid
conflicts in linux-next. I should have saved it cause my oratorical
skills are weak.

No ack, I'd much rather you waited for after the next merge window 
and queued this refactoring to net-next. Patch 9 is changing 70
files in networking. Unless I'm missing something and this is time
sensitive.