Subject: Re: [RESEND PATCH net-next v4 00/25] net: dpaa: Cleanups in preparation for phylink conversion

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:28:03 -0700

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:14:04 -0400 Sean Anderson wrote:
> > Ack, no question. I'm trying to tell you got to actually get stuff in.
> > It's the first week after the merge window and people are dumping code
> > the had written over the dead time on the list, while some reviewers
> > and maintainers are still on their summer vacation. So being
> > considerate is even more important than normally.  
> 
> OK, so perhaps a nice place to split the series is after patch 11. If
> you would like to review/apply a set of <15 patches, that is the place
> to break things. I can of course resend again with just those, if that's
> what I need to do to get these applied.

Mm, okay, let's give folks the customary 24h to object, otherwise I'll
pull in the first 11 tomorrow.

> That said, I specifically broke this series up into many small patches
> to make it easier to review. Each patch does exactly one thing. Had I
> known about these limits based on patch size, I would have just squashed
> everything into 15 patches. I think an arbitrary limit such as this has
> a perverse incentive.

Practically speaking I think it works out fairly nicely, IDK.
There's trade offs like always. Takes a bit of getting used to.