Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] net/macsec: Add MACsec skb_metadata_dst Tx Data path support

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:08:56 -0700

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:24:09 +0300 Lior Nahmanson wrote:
> In the current MACsec offload implementation, MACsec interfaces shares
> the same MAC address by default.
> Therefore, HW can't distinguish from which MACsec interface the traffic
> originated from.
> 
> MACsec stack will use skb_metadata_dst to store the SCI value, which is
> unique per MACsec interface, skb_metadat_dst will be used later by the
> offloading device driver to associate the SKB with the corresponding
> offloaded interface (SCI) to facilitate HW MACsec offload.

struct macsec_tx_sc has a kdoc so you need to document the new field (md_dst).

On a quick (sorry we're behind on patches this week) look I don't see
the driver integration - is it coming later? Or there's already somehow
a driver in the tree using this infra? Normally the infra should be in
the same patchset as the in-tree user.

Last thing - please CC some of the folks who worked on MACsec in the
past, so we can get expert reviews, Antoine and Sabrina come to mind,
look thru the git history please.