Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Namespaceify two sysctls related with route

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:05:18 -0700

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 04:53:10 +0000 [email-masked] wrote:
> With the rise of cloud native, more and more container applications are
> deployed. The network namespace is one of the foundations of the container.
> The sysctls of error_cost and error_burst are important knobs to control
> the sending frequency of ICMP_DEST_UNREACH packet for ipv4. When different
> containers has requirements on the tuning of error_cost and error_burst,
> for host's security, the sysctls should exist per network namespace.
> 
> Different netns has different requirements on the setting of error_cost
> and error_burst, which are related with limiting the frequency of sending
> ICMP_DEST_UNREACH packets. Enable them to be configured per netns.

I'm not familiar with the IPv6 implementation either, but someone needs
to explain to me why the knob is important in v4 while entirely absent
in v6. On the surface this makes no sense. There may be a good reason,
it just needs to be stated.

Also from the patches:

Signed-off-by: CGEL ZTE <[email-masked]>

Bots / teams can't sign off patches, I've been over this with your
colleagues. Please put your team's name in your signoff, e.g.

Signed-off-by: Minghao Chi (CGEL ZTE) <[email-masked]>

Thanks!