Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 00/10] optimize the parallelism of SMC-R connections

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:32:13 -0700

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:51:27 +0800 D. Wythe wrote:
> This patch set attempts to optimize the parallelism of SMC-R connections,
> mainly to reduce unnecessary blocking on locks, and to fix exceptions that
> occur after thoses optimization.
> 
> According to Off-CPU graph, SMC worker's off-CPU as that: 
> 
> smc_close_passive_work			(1.09%)
> 	smcr_buf_unuse			(1.08%)
> 		smc_llc_flow_initiate	(1.02%)
> 	
> smc_listen_work 			(48.17%)
> 	__mutex_lock.isra.11 		(47.96%)

The patches should be ordered so that the prerequisite changes are
first, then the removal of locks. Looks like there are 3 patches here
which carry a Fixes tag, for an old commit but in fact IIUC there is no
bug in those old commits, the problem only appears after the locking is
removed?

That said please wait for IBM folks to review first before reshuffling
the patches, I presume the code itself won't change.

Also I still haven't see anyone reply to Al Viro, IIRC he was
complaining about changes someone from your team has made. 
I consider this a blocker for applying new patches from your team :(