Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: ieee802154: Fix compilation error when CONFIG_IEEE802154_NL802154_EXPERIMENTAL is disabled

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:31:24 -0700

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:20:39 +0300 Gal Pressman wrote:
> So, shouldn't it be:
> #ifdef CONFIG_IEEE802154_NL802154_EXPERIMENTAL
>         .resv_start_op = NL802154_CMD_DEL_SEC_LEVEL + 1,
> #else
>         .resv_start_op = NL802154_CMD_SET_WPAN_PHY_NETNS + 1,
> #endif

Hm, let me add 802154 folks.

Either we should treat the commands as reserved in terms of uAPI
even if they get removed the IDs won't be reused, or they are for
testing purposes only.

In the former case we should just remove the #ifdef around the values
in the enum, it just leads to #ifdef proliferation while having no
functional impact.

In the latter case we should start error checking from the last
non-experimental command, as we don't care about breaking the
experimental ones.