Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH 0/3] Extend action skbedit to RX queue mapping

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 19:46:11 -0700

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:28:39 -0700 Amritha Nambiar wrote:
> Based on the discussion on
> https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/,
> the following series extends skbedit tc action to RX queue mapping.
> Currently, skbedit action in tc allows overriding of transmit queue.
> Extending this ability of skedit action supports the selection of receive
> queue for incoming packets. Offloading this action is added for receive
> side. Enabled ice driver to offload this type of filter into the
> hardware for accepting packets to the device's receive queue.

Thinking about this again - is redirecting to a queue really the most
useful API to expose? Wouldn't users want to redirect to a set of
queues, i.e. RSS context?

Or in your case the redirect to a set of queues is done by assigning
a class?

Either way we should start documenting things, so please find (/create)
some place under Documentation/networking where we can make notes for
posterity.