Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/4] netfilter: remove nf_conntrack_helper sysctl and modparam toggles

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 19:43:23 -0700

On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 07:39:28 +0200 Florian Westphal wrote:
> > From the description itself it's unclear why this is a part of a net PR.
> > Could you elucidate?  
> 
> Yes, there is improper checking in the irc dcc helper, its possible to
> trigger the 'please do dynamic port forward' from outside by embedding
> a 'DCC' in a PING request; if the client echos that back a expectation/
> port forward gets added.

I see, thanks!

> A fix for this will come in the next net PR, however, one part of the
> issue is that point-blank-autassign is problematic and that helpers
> should only be enabled for addresses that need it.
> 
> If you like I can resend the PR with an updated cover letter, or resend
> with the dcc helper fix included as well.

No need, I'll fold more of your explanation into the merge commit,
should be good enough.