Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] net: drop netif_attrmask_next*()

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 17:29:53 -0700

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 17:07:31 -0700 Yury Norov wrote:
> > I see. Is that patch merged and on it's way?  
> 
> This patch is already in pull request.
> 
> > Perhaps we can just revert it and try again after the merge window?  
> 
> I don't understand this. To me it looks fairly normal - the check has
> been fixed and merged (likely) in -rc1. After that we have 2 month to
> spot, fix and test all issues discovered with correct cpumask_check().
> 
> I'm not insisting in moving this series in -rc1. Let's give it review
> and careful testing, and merge in -rc2, 3 or whatever is appropriate.
> 
> Regarding cpumask_check() patch - I'd like to have it in -rc1 because
> it will give people enough time to test their code...

AFAIU you can keep the cpumask_check() patch, we just need to revert
the netdev patch from your earlier series?

If so I strongly prefer that we revert the broken cleanup rather than
try to pile on more re-factoring. The trees are not going anywhere, we 
can queue the patches for 6.2.