Subject: Re: [PATCH] dt-bindings: net: constrain number of 'reg' in ethernet ports

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:57:37 -0500

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 10:03:25AM -0400, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> 'reg' without any constraints allows multiple items which is not the
> intention for Ethernet controller's port number.
> 

Shouldn't this constrained by dsa-port.yaml (or the under review 
ethernet switch schemas that split out the DSA parts)?

> Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
> 
> ---
> 
> Please give it a time for Rob's bot to process this.
> ---
>  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/asix,ax88178.yaml       | 4 +++-
>  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/microchip,lan95xx.yaml  | 4 +++-
>  .../devicetree/bindings/net/microchip,lan966x-switch.yaml     | 4 ++--
>  .../devicetree/bindings/net/microchip,sparx5-switch.yaml      | 3 ++-
>  .../devicetree/bindings/net/mscc,vsc7514-switch.yaml          | 3 ++-
>  .../bindings/net/renesas,r8a779f0-ether-switch.yaml           | 4 ++--
>  6 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)