Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/9] net: dsa: marvell: Provide per device information about max frame size

From: Lukasz Majewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 16:36:37 +0100

Hi Andrew,

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 09:23:27AM +0100, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> > Different Marvell DSA switches support different size of max frame
> > bytes to be sent.
> > 
> > For example mv88e6185 supports max 1632B, which is now in-driver
> > standard value. On the other hand - mv88e6071 supports 2048 bytes.
> > 
> > As this value is internal and may be different for each switch IC
> > new entry in struct mv88e6xxx_info has been added to store it.
> > 
> > When the 'max_frame_size' is not defined (and hence zeroed by
> > the kvzalloc()) the default of 1632 bytes is used.  
> 
> I would prefer every entry states the value.

You mean to add it explicitly (i.e. for each supported switch version)
to the struct mv88e6xxx_ops ?

> That both simplifies the
> code, and probably reduces the likelihood of somebody forgetting to
> set it when adding a new chip.

Ok.

>     Andrew

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

--

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]