Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 net-next 0/5] add PLCA RS support and onsemi NCN26000

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 09:15:44 -0800

On Sat, 17 Dec 2022 11:10:47 +0100 Piergiorgio Beruto wrote:
> > # Form letter - net-next is closed
> > 
> > We have already submitted the networking pull request to Linus
> > for v6.2 and therefore net-next is closed for new drivers, features,
> > code refactoring and optimizations. We are currently accepting
> > bug fixes only.
> > 
> > Please repost when net-next reopens after Jan 2nd.
> > 
> > RFC patches sent for review only are obviously welcome at any time.  
>
> Hello Jakub, sorry for asking dumb questions, but what exactly "RFC"
> means? I understand you cannot accept new submissions at this time, but
> does this means the patchset I just submitted can still be reviewd so
> they are ready for integration on Jan 2nd?

Yes, exactly. You can keep posting new versions, to get reviews and get
the code ready for merging once net-next re-opens. Once net-next
re-opens you'll need to repost (it'd be too much work for us to keep
track of all "pending" work during the shutdown).

By the RFC I mean - change the [PATCH net-next] to [RFC net-next] or
[PATCH RFC net-next] if you post during shutdown, so that we know that
you know that the patches can't be merged _right now_.