Subject: [net 04/12] net/mlx5: Avoid recovery in probe flows

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 11:43:23 -0800

From: Shay Drory <[email-masked]>

Currently, recovery is done without considering whether the device is
still in probe flow.
This may lead to recovery before device have finished probed
successfully. e.g.: while mlx5_init_one() is running. Recovery flow is
using functionality that is loaded only by mlx5_init_one(), and there
is no point in running recovery without mlx5_init_one() finished
successfully.

Fix it by waiting for probe flow to finish and checking whether the
device is probed before trying to perform recovery.

Fixes: 51d138c2610a ("net/mlx5: Fix health error state handling")
Signed-off-by: Shay Drory <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Moshe Shemesh <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/health.c | 6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/health.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/health.c
index 86ed87d704f7..96417c5feed7 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/health.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/health.c
@@ -674,6 +674,12 @@ static void mlx5_fw_fatal_reporter_err_work(struct work_struct *work)
 	dev = container_of(priv, struct mlx5_core_dev, priv);
 	devlink = priv_to_devlink(dev);
 
+	mutex_lock(&dev->intf_state_mutex);
+	if (test_bit(MLX5_DROP_NEW_HEALTH_WORK, &health->flags)) {
+		mlx5_core_err(dev, "health works are not permitted at this stage\n");
+		return;
+	}
+	mutex_unlock(&dev->intf_state_mutex);
 	enter_error_state(dev, false);
 	if (IS_ERR_OR_NULL(health->fw_fatal_reporter)) {
 		devl_lock(devlink);
-- 
2.38.1