Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] net: stmmac: add DT parameter to keep RX_CLK running in LPI state

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:14:53 -0600

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 03:09:50PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > > Could
> > > dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c just do this unconditionally?
> > 
> > Never stopping RX_CLK in Rx LPI state would always work, but the power
> > consumption would somewhat increase (in Rx LPI state). Some people do care
> > about it.
> >
> > > Is the interrupt
> > > controller part of the licensed IP, or is it from QCOM? If it is part
> > > of the licensed IP, it is probably broken for other devices as well,
> > > so maybe it should be a quirk for all devices of a particular version
> > > of the IP?
> > 
> > Most probably this is the part of the ethernet MAC IP. And this is quite
> > possible that the issue is specific for particular versions of the IP.
> > Unfortunately I don't have the documentation related to this particular
> > issue.
> 
> Please could you ask around. Do you have contacts in Qualcomm?
> Contacts at Synopsys?
> 
> Ideally it would be nice to fix it for everybody, not just one SoC.

Yes, but to fix for just 1 SoC use the SoC specific compatible to imply 
the need for this. Then only a kernel update is needed to fix, not a 
kernel and dtb update.

Rob