Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 net-next 00/13] add support for the the vsc7512 internal copper phys

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 11:45:38 -0800

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 09:06:22 +0000 Lee Jones wrote:
> Please don't do that.  The commits do not have proper Acked-by tags.
> 
> The plan is to merge these via MFD and send out a pull-request to an
> immutable branch.  However, if you're prepared to convert all of the:
> 
>   Acked-for-MFD-by: Lee Jones <[email-masked]>
> 
> to
> 
>   Acked-by: Lee Jones <[email-masked]>

Sorry, I must have been blind yesterday because I definitely double
checked this doesn't touch mfd code. And it does :/

The patches should not be sent for net-next if they are not supposed 
to be applied directly. Or at the very least says something about
merging in the cover letter!

> ... and send out a pull request to a succinct (only these patches) and
> immutable branch then that is also an acceptable solution.
> 
> Please let me know what works best for you.

Sorry for messing up again. Stable branch would obviously had been best.
Do we have to take action now, or can we just wait for the trees to
converge during the merge window?