Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/14] mlx5 dynamic msix

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 22:14:28 -0800

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>

This patch series adds support for dynamic msix vectors allocation in mlx5.

Eli Cohen Says:

================

The following series of patches modifies mlx5_core to work with the
dynamic MSIX API. Currently, mlx5_core allocates all the interrupt
vectors it needs and distributes them amongst the consumers. With the
introduction of dynamic MSIX support, which allows for allocation of
interrupts more than once, we now allocate vectors as we need them.
This allows other drivers running on top of mlx5_core to allocate
interrupt vectors for their own use. An example for this is mlx5_vdpa,
which uses these vectors to propagate interrupts directly from the
hardware to the vCPU [1].

As a preparation for using this series, a use after free issue is fixed
in lib/cpu_rmap.c and the allocator for rmap entries has been modified.
A complementary API for irq_cpu_rmap_add() has also been introduced.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/saeed/linux.git/patch/?id=0f2bf1fcae96a83b8c5581854713c9fc3407556e

================

Eli Cohen (14):
  lib: cpu_rmap: Avoid use after free on rmap->obj array entries
  lib: cpu_rmap: Use allocator for rmap entries
  lib: cpu_rmap: Add irq_cpu_rmap_remove to complement irq_cpu_rmap_add
  net/mlx5e: Coding style fix, add empty line
  net/mlx5: Fix wrong comment
  net/mlx5: Modify struct mlx5_irq to use struct msi_map
  net/mlx5: Use newer affinity descriptor
  net/mlx5: Improve naming of pci function vectors
  net/mlx5: Refactor completion irq request/release code
  net/mlx5: Use dynamic msix vectors allocation
  net/mlx5: Move devlink registration before mlx5_load
  net/mlx5: Refactor calculation of required completion vectors
  net/mlx5: Use one completion vector if eth is disabled
  net/mlx5: Provide external API for allocating vectors

 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/dev.c |  14 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/devlink.h |  11 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eq.c  | 220 +++++++++-------
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/irq_affinity.c         |  42 ++-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c    |  17 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/mlx5_irq.h    |  10 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/pci_irq.c | 248 ++++++++++++------
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/pci_irq.h |   4 +-
 include/linux/cpu_rmap.h                      |   5 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/driver.h                   |   6 +
 lib/cpu_rmap.c                                |  39 ++-
 11 files changed, 387 insertions(+), 229 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.1