Subject: [PATCH net-next V2 0/4] mlx5 technical debt of hairpin params

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:01:58 -0800

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>

Hi Jakub,

v1->v2:
 - Remove gerrit change-id tags

As previously discussed, this series provides the switch from debugfs to devlink
params for hairpin.

Per the discussion in [1], move the hairpin queues control (number and size)
from debugfs to devlink.

Expose two devlink params:
    - hairpin_num_queues: control the number of hairpin queues
    - hairpin_queue_size: control the size (in packets) of the hairpin queues

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Disclaimer: I personally don't prefer devlink over debugfs, but since this is
something that you requested, I'm submitting this series.

Sorry for the late submission, I know we are on merge window, and in case you
don't plan to submit further pull requests to liuns, then maybe it's a good
idea to take only the first patch (revert debugfs) and push it through your
next net PR.

Thanks,
Saeed.

Gal Pressman (4):
  net/mlx5e: Remove hairpin write debugfs files
  net/mlx5: Move needed PTYS functions to core layer
  net/mlx5e: Add devlink hairpin queues parameters
  net/mlx5e: Add more information to hairpin table dump

 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/devlink.rst        |  35 ++++
 Documentation/networking/devlink/mlx5.rst     |  12 ++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/devlink.c |  66 ++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/devlink.h |   2 +
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/params.c   |   2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/port.c | 157 +-----------------
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/port.h |  14 --
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_ethtool.c  |  12 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_tc.c   | 117 +++----------
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/esw/qos.c |   2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/port.c    | 151 +++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/mlx5/port.h                     |  16 ++
 12 files changed, 318 insertions(+), 268 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.1