Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/7] dsa: marvell: Provide per device information about max frame size

From: Lukasz Majewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 16:55:50 +0100

Hi Vladimir,

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 02:17:19PM +0100, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> > This is the "patch 4" in the comment sent by Russel (to fix stuff
> > which is already broken, but it has been visible after running the
> > validation code):
> > 
> > https://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2023/03/09/233  
> 
> Ok, so nope, what I was talking about here (MTU 1492) is *not* what
> you have discussed with Russell in patch 4.

The patch 4 would be related to mv88e6220 and 6250 only. It would
provide correct size of MTU.

> 
> What I was talking about is this:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/[email-masked]/#25245979
> and Russell now seems to agree with me that it should be addressed
> separately,

Ok.

> and prior to the extra development work done here.
> 

Why? Up till mine patch set was introduced the problem was unnoticed.
Could this be fixed after it is applied?

> It looks like it will also need a bit of assistance from Andrew to
> untangle whether EDSA_HLEN should be included in the max_mtu
> calculations for some switch families only, rather than for all.

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

--

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Erika Unter
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]