Subject: [PATCH v2 net-next 0/2] add some detailed data when reading softnet_stat

From: Jason Xing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 11:05:30 +0800

From: Jason Xing <[email-masked]>

Adding more detailed display of softnet_data when cating
/proc/net/softnet_stat, which could help users understand more about
which can be the bottlneck and then tune.

Based on what we've dicussed in the previous mails, we could implement it
in different ways, like put those display into separate sysfs file or add
some tracepoints. Still I chose to touch the legacy file to print more
useful data without changing some old data, say, length of backlog queues
and time_squeeze.

After this, we wouldn't alter the behavior some user-space tools get used
to meanwhile we could show more data.

Jason Xing (2):
  net-sysfs: display two backlog queue len separately
  net: introduce budget_squeeze to help us tune rx behavior

 include/linux/netdevice.h |  1 +
 net/core/dev.c            | 12 ++++++++----
 net/core/net-procfs.c     | 25 ++++++++++++++++++++-----
 3 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.37.3