Subject: [net V2 14/14] net/mlx5e: TC, Remove error message log print

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 15:58:47 -0700

From: Oz Shlomo <[email-masked]>

The cited commit attempts to update the hw stats when dumping tc actions.
However, the driver may be called to update the stats of a police action
that may not be in hardware. In such cases the driver will fail to lookup
the police action object and will output an error message both to extack
and dmesg. The dmesg error is confusing as it may not indicate an actual
error.

Remove the dmesg error.

Fixes: 2b68d659a704 ("net/mlx5e: TC, support per action stats")
Signed-off-by: Oz Shlomo <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Paul Blakey <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tc/act/police.c | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tc/act/police.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tc/act/police.c
index c4378afdec09..1bd1c94fb977 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tc/act/police.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tc/act/police.c
@@ -178,7 +178,6 @@ tc_act_police_stats(struct mlx5e_priv *priv,
 	meter = mlx5e_tc_meter_get(priv->mdev, &params);
 	if (IS_ERR(meter)) {
 		NL_SET_ERR_MSG_MOD(fl_act->extack, "Failed to get flow meter");
-		mlx5_core_err(priv->mdev, "Failed to get flow meter %d\n", params.index);
 		return PTR_ERR(meter);
 	}
 
-- 
2.39.2