Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] ynl: fill in some gaps of ethtool spec

From: Stanislav Fomichev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:23:36 -0700

I was trying to fill in the spec while exploring ethtool API for some
related work. I don't think I'll have the patience to fill in the rest,
so decided to share whatever I currently have.

Patches 1-2 add the be16 + spec.
Patches 3-4 implement an ethtool-like python tool to test the spec.

Patches 3-4 are there because it felt more fun do the tool instead
of writing the actual tests; feel free to drop it; sharing mostly
to show that the spec is not a complete nonsense.

The spec is not 100% complete, see patch 2 for what's missing.
I was hoping to finish the stats-get message, but I'm too dump
to implement bitmask marshaling (multi-attr).

Stanislav Fomichev (4):
  ynl: support be16 in schemas
  ynl: populate most of the ethtool spec
  ynl: replace print with NlError
  ynl: ethtool testing tool

 Documentation/netlink/genetlink-c.yaml      |    2 +-
 Documentation/netlink/genetlink-legacy.yaml |    4 +-
 Documentation/netlink/genetlink.yaml        |    2 +-
 Documentation/netlink/specs/ethtool.yaml    | 1473 +++++++++++++++++--
 tools/net/ynl/ethtool                       |  424 ++++++
 tools/net/ynl/lib/nlspec.py                 |    9 +
 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.py                    |   31 +-
 7 files changed, 1827 insertions(+), 118 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/net/ynl/ethtool

-- 
2.40.0.rc1.284.g88254d51c5-goog