Subject: [Intel-wired-lan] [PATCH net-next 00/15] Introduce IDPF driver

From: Pavan Kumar Linga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 07:03:49 -0700

This patch series introduces the Infrastructure Data Path Function (IDPF)
driver. It is used for both physical and virtual functions. Except for
some of the device operations the rest of the functionality is the same
for both PF and VF. IDPF uses virtchnl version2 opcodes and structures
defined in the virtchnl2 header file which helps the driver to learn
the capabilities and register offsets from the device Control Plane (CP)
instead of assuming the default values.

The format of the series follows the driver init flow to interface open.
To start with, probe gets called and kicks off the driver initialization
by spawning the 'vc_event_task' work queue which in turn calls the
'hard reset' function. As part of that, the mailbox is initialized which
is used to send/receive the virtchnl messages to/from the CP. Once that is
done, 'core init' kicks in which requests all the required global resources
from the CP and spawns the 'init_task' work queue to create the vports.

Based on the capability information received, the driver creates the said
number of vports (one or many) where each vport is associated to a netdev.
Also, each vport has its own resources such as queues, vectors etc.
>From there, rest of the netdev_ops and data path are added.

IDPF implements both single queue which is traditional queueing model
as well as split queue model. In split queue model, it uses separate queue
for both completion descriptors and buffers which helps to implement
out-of-order completions. It also helps to implement asymmetric queues,
for example multiple RX completion queues can be processed by a single
RX buffer queue and multiple TX buffer queues can be processed by a
single TX completion queue. In single queue model, same queue is used
for both descriptor completions as well as buffer completions. It also
supports features such as generic checksum offload, generic receive
offload (hardware GRO) etc.

Pavan Kumar Linga (15):
  virtchnl: add virtchnl version 2 ops
  idpf: add module register and probe functionality
  idpf: add controlq init and reset checks
  idpf: add core init and interrupt request
  idpf: add create vport and netdev configuration
  idpf: continue expanding init task
  idpf: configure resources for TX queues
  idpf: configure resources for RX queues
  idpf: initialize interrupts and enable vport
  idpf: add splitq start_xmit
  idpf: add TX splitq napi poll support
  idpf: add RX splitq napi poll support
  idpf: add singleq start_xmit and napi poll
  idpf: add ethtool callbacks
  idpf: configure SRIOV and add other ndo_ops

 .../device_drivers/ethernet/intel/idpf.rst    |   46 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/Kconfig            |   11 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/Makefile           |    1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/Makefile      |   18 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf.h        |  734 +++
 .../net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq.c   |  644 +++
 .../net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq.h   |  131 +
 .../ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq_api.h   |  190 +
 .../ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq_setup.c |  175 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_dev.c    |  179 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_devids.h |   10 +
 .../net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_ethtool.c    | 1325 +++++
 .../ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lan_pf_regs.h    |  124 +
 .../net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lan_txrx.h   |  293 +
 .../ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lan_vf_regs.h    |  128 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lib.c    | 2551 +++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_main.c   |   85 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_mem.h    |   20 +
 .../ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_singleq_txrx.c   | 1262 +++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_txrx.c   | 4850 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_txrx.h   |  838 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_vf_dev.c |  180 +
 .../net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_virtchnl.c   | 3802 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/virtchnl2.h   | 1153 ++++
 .../ethernet/intel/idpf/virtchnl2_lan_desc.h  |  644 +++
 25 files changed, 19394 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/networking/device_drivers/ethernet/intel/idpf.rst
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq_api.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_controlq_setup.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_dev.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_devids.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_ethtool.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lan_pf_regs.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lan_txrx.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lan_vf_regs.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lib.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_main.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_mem.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_singleq_txrx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_txrx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_txrx.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_vf_dev.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_virtchnl.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/virtchnl2.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/virtchnl2_lan_desc.h

-- 
2.37.3