Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] ice: lower CPU usage with GNSS

From: Michal Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 19:26:55 +0200

This series lowers the CPU usage of the ice driver when using its
provided /dev/gnss*.

Intel engineers, in addition to reviewing the patches for correctness,
please also consider my doubts expressed in the descriptions of patches
1 and 2. There may be better solutions possible.

Michal Schmidt (4):
  ice: lower CPU usage of the GNSS read thread
  ice: sleep, don't busy-wait, for sq_cmd_timeout
  ice: remove unused buffer copy code in ice_sq_send_cmd_retry()
  ice: sleep, don't busy-wait, in the SQ send retry loop

 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_common.c   | 29 +++++--------
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_controlq.c |  8 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_controlq.h |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_gnss.c     | 42 +++++++++----------
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_gnss.h     |  3 +-
 5 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 49 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2