Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/4] ice: allow matching on meta data

From: Michal Swiatkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 09:28:29 +0200

Hi,

This patchset is intended to improve the usability of the switchdev
slow path. Without matching on a meta data values slow path works
based on VF's MAC addresses. It causes a problem when the VF wants
to use more than one MAC address (e.g. when it is in trusted mode).

Parse all meta data in the same place where protocol type fields are
parsed. Add description for the currently implemented meta data. It is
important to note that depending on DDP not all described meta data can
be available. Using not available meta data leads to error returned by
function which is looking for correct words in profiles read from DDP.

There is also one small improvement, remove of rx field in rule info
structure (patch 2). It is redundant.

v1 --> v2:
 * fix spell issues
 * use GENMASK to define source VSI mask

Michal Swiatkowski (4):
  ice: define meta data to match in switch
  ice: remove redundant Rx field from rule info
  ice: allow matching on meta data
  ice: use src VSI instead of src MAC in slow-path

 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_eswitch.c  |  76 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_eswitch.h  |  14 --
 .../ethernet/intel/ice/ice_protocol_type.h    | 196 +++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_repr.c     |  17 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_repr.h     |   5 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_switch.c   | 182 +++++++---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_switch.h   |   9 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_tc_lib.c   |  34 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_tc_lib.h   |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_vf_lib.c   |   3 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_virtchnl.c |   8 -
 .../net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_vlan_mode.c    |   2 +-
 12 files changed, 319 insertions(+), 228 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2