Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf-next 0/8] bpf: Follow up to RCU enforcement in the verifier.

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 11:19:26 -0700

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 10:22:16 -0700 Andrii Nakryiko wrote:
> So I'm exclusively using `pw-apply -c <patchworks-url>` to apply
> everything locally.

I think you can throw -M after -c $url? It can only help... :)

> I'd expect that at this time the script would
> detect any Acked-by replies on *cover letter patch*, and apply them
> across all patches in the series. Such that we (humans) can look at
> them, fix them, add them, etc. Doing something like this in git hook
> seems unnecessary?

Maybe mb2q can do it, IDK. I don't use the mb2q thing.
I don't think git has a way of doing git am and insert these tags if
they don't exist, in a single command.

> So I think the only thing that's missing is the code that would fetch
> all replies on the cover letter "patch" (e.g., like on [0]) and just
> apply it across everything. We must be doing something like this for
> acks on individual patches, so I imagine we are not far off to make
> this work, but I haven't looked at pw-apply carefully enough to know
> for sure.

The individual patches are handled by patchwork.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you. Just trying to help
and point out existing workarounds..