Subject: Re: [patch V3 0/4] net, refcount: Address dst_entry reference count scalability issues

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 14:44:25 +0300

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 09:55:27PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> This is version 3 of this series. Version 2 can be found here:
> 
>      https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]

Hi,

I want to raise your attention to this bug report from Intel.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

We (Nvidia) are experiencing similar failures in our regressions too.
Revert of last two patches [1] from this series removed the panics, but
didn't add confidence due to another (???) netdev failure:

[ +10.080020] unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth3 to become free. Usage count = 2

Thanks 

[1]
bc9d3a9f2afc net: dst: Switch to rcuref_t reference counting
d288a162dd1c net: dst: Prevent false sharing vs. dst_entry:: __refcnt