Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Bug fixes for net/handshake

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 16:47:15 -0700

On Fri, 5 May 2023 19:16:40 -0400 Chuck Lever wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 01:39:18PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > On Thu, 04 May 2023 11:24:12 -0400 Chuck Lever wrote:  
> > > I plan to send these as part of a 6.4-rc PR.  
> > 
> > Can you elaborate?  You'll send us the same code as PR?
> > I'm about to send the first batch of fixes to Linus,
> > I was going to apply this series.  
> 
> Since I am listed as a maintainer/supporter of net/handshake, I
> assumed I can and should be sending changes through nfsd or some
> other repo I can commit to.
> 
> netdev@ is also listed in MAINTAINERS, so I Cc'd you all on this
> series. I did not intend for you to be responsible for merging the
> series. We'll need to agree on a workflow going forward.

Let me talk to DaveM and Paolo -- with NFS being the main user
taking it via your trees is likely fine. But if it's a generic TLS
handshake and other users will appear - netdev trees may be a more
natural central point :S DaveM and Paolo are more familiar with
existing cases of similar nature (rxrpc?)..

> Since you had some review questions about one of the patches,
> maybe that patch should not be merged at this time by either of us.

Right, I noticed the cover message first then started looking more 
in depth at the code :)