Subject: Re: [regression] Kernel OOPS on boot with Kernel 6.3(.1) and RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 13:09:44 -0700

On Sat, 6 May 2023 08:20:23 +0200 Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
Leemhuis) wrote:
> > I don't seem to have the permissions on BZ, but I'm guessing we could
> > do the opposite - you could flip bugbot on first to have it flush the BZ
> > report to the list, and then reply on the list with regzbot tracking?  
> 
> That's the plan for the future, but for now I don't want to do that, as
> it might mess up other peoples workflows, as hinted above already and
> discussed here:
> 
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
> 
> That was only recently, but if you jump in there as well it might
> persuade Konstantin to enable bugbot for other products/components. Then
> I could and would do what you suggested.

CC: workflows

I'm a bit confused. I understand that we don't want to automatically
send all bugzilla reports to the ML. But AFAIU this is to avoid spamming
the list / messing with people's existing BZ workflow.
If you pre-triage the problem and decide to forward it to the list -
whether you do it with buzbot + regzbot or manual + regzbot is moot.

The bugbot can be enabled per BZ entry (AFAIU), so you can flip it
individually for the thread you want to report. It should flush that 
BZ to the list. At which point you can follow your normal ML regression
process.

Where did I go off the rails?