Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 5/5] net: mvneta: allocate TSO header DMA memory in chunks

From: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 14:00:22 +0200

Hello Russell,

On Wed, 10 May 2023 12:48:54 +0100
"Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On the hardware I have, that is correct. Maybe others with mvneta on
> different SoCs can comment? Thomas probably has an idea, but as he
> hasn't worked on Marvell hardware for some time, may have forgotten
> everything about Marvell hardware.

As far as I'm aware, none of the HW platforms that have the mvneta IP
as Ethernet MAC have an IOMMU/SMMU or similar. The more recent Marvell
platforms are using the mvpp2 IP instead.

> On that point, I'm wondering whether there's much value keeping
> Thomas' maintainer's entries for Marvell stuff - any comment Thomas?

Clearly, I am no longer actively working on Marvell platforms, and it
would certainly be fine to see other people step up to maintain the
mvneta driver and drop my entry.

Best regards,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com