Subject: Re: [patch net-next] devlink: bring port new reply back

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 15:14:44 -0700

On Tue, 30 May 2023 09:54:35 -0700 Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2023 08:38:29 +0200 Jiri Pirko wrote:
> > From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > In the offending fixes commit I mistakenly removed the reply message of
> > the port new command. I was under impression it is a new port
> > notification, partly due to the "notify" in the name of the helper
> > function. Bring the code sending reply with new port message back, this
> > time putting it directly to devlink_nl_cmd_port_new_doit()
> > 
> > Fixes: c496daeb8630 ("devlink: remove duplicate port notification")
> > Signed-off-by: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>  
> 
> FWIW it should be fairly trivial to write tests for notifications and
> replies now that YNL exists and describes devlink..

Actually, I'm not 100% sure notifications work for devlink, with its
rtnl-inspired command ID sharing.