Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/4] tools: ynl: user space C

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 10:58:39 -0700

Use the code gen which is already in tree to generate a user space
library for a handful of simple families. I find YNL C quite useful
in some WIP projects, and I think others may find it useful, too.
I was hoping someone will pick this work up and finish it...
but it seems that Python YNL has largely stolen the thunder.
Python may not be great for selftest, tho, and actually this lib
is more fully-featured. The Python script was meant as a quick demo,
funny how those things go.

v2:
 - fix kdoc on patch 2
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Jakub Kicinski (4):
  tools: ynl-gen: clean up stray new lines at the end of reply-less
    requests
  tools: ynl: user space helpers
  tools: ynl: support fou and netdev in C
  tools: ynl: add sample for netdev

 .../userspace-api/netlink/intro-specs.rst     |  79 ++
 tools/net/ynl/Makefile                        |  19 +
 tools/net/ynl/generated/Makefile              |  45 +
 tools/net/ynl/generated/fou-user.c            | 340 +++++++
 tools/net/ynl/generated/fou-user.h            | 337 +++++++
 tools/net/ynl/generated/netdev-user.c         | 250 +++++
 tools/net/ynl/generated/netdev-user.h         |  88 ++
 tools/net/ynl/lib/Makefile                    |  28 +
 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.c                       | 901 ++++++++++++++++++
 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.h                       | 237 +++++
 tools/net/ynl/samples/.gitignore              |   1 +
 tools/net/ynl/samples/Makefile                |  28 +
 tools/net/ynl/samples/netdev.c                | 108 +++
 tools/net/ynl/ynl-gen-c.py                    |   7 +-
 tools/net/ynl/ynl-regen.sh                    |   2 +-
 15 files changed, 2466 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/fou-user.c
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/fou-user.h
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/netdev-user.c
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/netdev-user.h
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/lib/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.c
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.h
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/samples/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/samples/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/samples/netdev.c

-- 
2.40.1