Subject: [net-next 13/15] net/mlx5: Skip inline mode check after mlx5_eswitch_enable_locked() failure

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 00:12:17 -0700

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>

Commit bffaa916588e ("net/mlx5: E-Switch, Add control for inline mode")
added inline mode checking to esw_offloads_start() with a warning
printed out in case there is a problem. Tne inline mode checking was
done even after mlx5_eswitch_enable_locked() call failed, which is
pointless.

Later on, commit 8c98ee77d911 ("net/mlx5e: E-Switch, Add extack messages
to devlink callbacks") converted the error/warning prints to extack
setting, which caused that the inline mode check error to overwrite
possible previous extack message when mlx5_eswitch_enable_locked()
failed. User then gets confusing error message.

Fix this by skipping check of inline mode after
mlx5_eswitch_enable_locked() call failed.

Fixes: bffaa916588e ("net/mlx5: E-Switch, Add control for inline mode")
Fixes: 8c98ee77d911 ("net/mlx5e: E-Switch, Add extack messages to devlink callbacks")
Signed-off-by: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c
index 29de4e759f4f..eafb098db6b0 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c
@@ -2178,6 +2178,7 @@ static int esw_offloads_start(struct mlx5_eswitch *esw,
 				   "Failed setting eswitch to offloads");
 		esw->mode = MLX5_ESWITCH_LEGACY;
 		mlx5_rescan_drivers(esw->dev);
+		return err;
 	}
 	if (esw->offloads.inline_mode == MLX5_INLINE_MODE_NONE) {
 		if (mlx5_eswitch_inline_mode_get(esw,
@@ -2187,7 +2188,7 @@ static int esw_offloads_start(struct mlx5_eswitch *esw,
 					   "Inline mode is different between vports");
 		}
 	}
-	return err;
+	return 0;
 }
 
 static void mlx5_esw_offloads_rep_mark_set(struct mlx5_eswitch *esw,
-- 
2.40.1