Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v6 3/6] net: bcmasp: Add support for ASP2.0 Ethernet controller

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 18:54:53 -0700

On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 18:35:51 -0700 Justin Chen wrote:
> > Also - can you describe how you can have multiple netdevs for
> > the same MAC?  
> 
> Not netdevs per se, but packets can be redirected to an offload 
> co-processor.

How is the redirecting configured?

Could you split this patch into basic netdev datapath,
and then as separate patches support for ethtool configuration features,
each with its own patch? This will make it easier for area experts to
review.

The base patch can probably include these:

+	.get_drvinfo		= bcmasp_get_drvinfo,
+	.get_link		= ethtool_op_get_link,
+	.get_link_ksettings	= phy_ethtool_get_link_ksettings,
+	.set_link_ksettings	= phy_ethtool_set_link_ksettings,
+	.get_msglevel		= bcmasp_get_msglevel,
+	.set_msglevel		= bcmasp_set_msglevel,

WoL can be a separate patch:

+	.get_wol		= bcmasp_get_wol,
+	.set_wol		= bcmasp_set_wol,

Stats a separate patch:

+	.get_strings		= bcmasp_get_strings,
+	.get_ethtool_stats	= bcmasp_get_ethtool_stats,
+	.get_sset_count		= bcmasp_get_sset_count,
+	.nway_reset		= phy_ethtool_nway_reset,

Flow steering separate:

+	.get_rxnfc		= bcmasp_get_rxnfc,
+	.set_rxnfc		= bcmasp_set_rxnfc,

EEE separate:

+	.set_eee		= bcmasp_set_eee,
+	.get_eee		= bcmasp_get_eee,