Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/11] tools: ynl: generate code for the devlink family

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 13:23:52 -0700

Another chunk of changes to support more capabilities in the YNL
code gen. Devlink brings in deep nesting and directional messages
(requests and responses have different IDs). We need a healthy
dose of codegen changes to support those (I wasn't planning to
support code gen for "directional" families initially, but
the importance of devlink and ethtool is undeniable).

I have 1 more series like this (ethtool support).

Jakub Kicinski (11):
  netlink: specs: devlink: fill in some details important for C
  tools: ynl-gen: use enum names in op strmap more carefully
  tools: ynl-gen: refactor strmap helper generation
  tools: ynl-gen: enable code gen for directional specs
  tools: ynl-gen: try to sort the types more intelligently
  tools: ynl-gen: inherit struct use info
  tools: ynl-gen: walk nested types in depth
  tools: ynl-gen: don't generate forward declarations for policies
  tools: ynl-gen: don't generate forward declarations for policies -
    regen
  tools: ynl: generate code for the devlink family
  tools: ynl: add sample for devlink

 Documentation/netlink/specs/devlink.yaml |   8 +
 tools/net/ynl/generated/Makefile         |   2 +-
 tools/net/ynl/generated/devlink-user.c   | 721 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/net/ynl/generated/devlink-user.h   | 210 +++++++
 tools/net/ynl/generated/fou-user.c       |   3 -
 tools/net/ynl/generated/handshake-user.c |   4 -
 tools/net/ynl/generated/netdev-user.c    |   2 -
 tools/net/ynl/lib/nlspec.py              |  11 +-
 tools/net/ynl/samples/.gitignore         |   1 +
 tools/net/ynl/samples/devlink.c          |  60 ++
 tools/net/ynl/ynl-gen-c.py               | 137 +++--
 11 files changed, 1101 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/devlink-user.c
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/generated/devlink-user.h
 create mode 100644 tools/net/ynl/samples/devlink.c

-- 
2.40.1