Subject: [GIT PULL] virtio,vhost,vdpa: bugfixes

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 12:17:37 -0400

The following changes since commit 9561de3a55bed6bdd44a12820ba81ec416e705a7:

  Linux 6.4-rc5 (2023-06-04 14:04:27 -0400)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git tags/for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to 07496eeab577eef1d4912b3e1b502a2b52002ac3:

  tools/virtio: use canonical ftrace path (2023-06-09 12:08:08 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
virtio,vhost,vdpa: bugfixes

A bunch of fixes all over the place

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Andrey Smetanin (1):
      vhost_net: revert upend_idx only on retriable error

Dragos Tatulea (1):
      vdpa/mlx5: Fix hang when cvq commands are triggered during device unregister

Mike Christie (2):
      vhost: Fix crash during early vhost_transport_send_pkt calls
      vhost: Fix worker hangs due to missed wake up calls

Prathu Baronia (1):
      vhost: use kzalloc() instead of kmalloc() followed by memset()

Rong Tao (2):
      tools/virtio: Fix arm64 ringtest compilation error
      tools/virtio: Add .gitignore for ringtest

Ross Zwisler (1):
      tools/virtio: use canonical ftrace path

Shannon Nelson (3):
      vhost_vdpa: tell vqs about the negotiated
      vhost: support PACKED when setting-getting vring_base
      vhost_vdpa: support PACKED when setting-getting vring_base

Sheng Zhao (1):
      vduse: avoid empty string for dev name

 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_user/vduse_dev.c      |  3 ++
 drivers/vhost/net.c                     | 11 +++--
 drivers/vhost/vdpa.c                    | 34 +++++++++++++--
 drivers/vhost/vhost.c                   | 75 +++++++++++++++------------------
 drivers/vhost/vhost.h                   | 10 +++--
 kernel/vhost_task.c                     | 18 ++++----
 tools/virtio/ringtest/.gitignore        |  7 +++
 tools/virtio/ringtest/main.h            | 11 +++++
 tools/virtio/virtio-trace/README        |  2 +-
 tools/virtio/virtio-trace/trace-agent.c | 12 ++++--
 11 files changed, 120 insertions(+), 65 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/virtio/ringtest/.gitignore