Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 1/1] mlxbf_gige: Fix kernel panic at shutdown

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:28:41 +0300

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 01:34:22PM +0300, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 01:10:38PM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 12:35:01PM +0300, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> > > Not really sure where you're aiming with your replies at this stage.
> > 
> > My goal is to explain that "bus drivers may implement .shutdown() 
> > the same way as .remove()" is wrong implementation and expectation
> > that all drivers will add "if (!priv) return ..." now is not viable.
> 
> I never said that all drivers should guard against that - just that it's
> possible and that there is no mechanism to reject such a thing - which
> is something you've incorrectly claimed.

I was wrong in details, but in general I was correct by saying that call
to .shutdown() and .remove() callbacks are impossible to be performed
at the same time.

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230612115925.GR12152@unreal

Thanks