Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [PATCH] MAINTAINERS: update email addresses of octeon_ep driver maintainers

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 10:12:29 -0700

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 05:04:24 +0000 Veerasenareddy Burru wrote:
> > What does it mean to be a maintainer to you?  
> 
> Sathesh will also be maintaining and submitting the changes for
> octeon_ep drivers, going forward.
>
> Is the right way for this is, add Sathesh to MAINTAINERS list along
> with his first patch/patchset submission ?

The patch is perfectly fine. Please see my question as half survey half
commitment device. I don't think we have a crisp enough understanding
of responsibilities of "corporate" maintainers. It always worries me
when I see someone who never (AFAICT) sent an email to the list before
get nominated as a maintainer.

So I'd like to hear from Sathesh, clearly stated, what responsibilities
and SLAs he's taking on. Once we gather input of this nature from a
handful of maintainers maybe we can distill a guide in
Documentation/process/...