Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] net: stmmac: fix & improve driver statistics

From: Jisheng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 21:09:41 +0800

improve the stmmac driver statistics:

1. don't clear network driver statistics in .ndo_close() and
.ndo_open() cycle
2. avoid some network driver statistics overflow on 32 bit platforms
3. use pcpu statistics where necessary to remove frequent cacheline
ping pongs.

Since v1:
  - rebase on net-next
  - fold two original patches into one patch
  - fix issues found by lkp
  - update commit msg

Jisheng Zhang (2):
  net: stmmac: don't clear network statistics in .ndo_open()
  net: stmmac: use pcpu 64 bit statistics where necessary

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h  |  54 +++--
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sun8i.c |  15 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac100_dma.c    |   7 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_descs.c    |  13 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_lib.c  |  15 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac_lib.c   |  10 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_descs.c  |   6 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_dma.c    |  13 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/enh_desc.c    |  20 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h    |  12 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/norm_desc.c   |  15 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c  | 101 +++++++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 190 +++++++++++++-----
 13 files changed, 305 insertions(+), 166 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.1