Subject: [PATCH net-next 2/4] s390/lcs: Convert sprintf to scnprintf

From: Alexandra Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:34:09 +0200

From: Thorsten Winkler <[email-masked]>

This LWN article explains the rationale for this change
https: //lwn.net/Articles/69419/
Ie. snprintf() returns what *would* be the resulting length,
while scnprintf() returns the actual length.

Reported-by: Jules Irenge <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Alexandra Winter <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Thorsten Winkler <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Alexandra Winter <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/s390/net/lcs.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/s390/net/lcs.h b/drivers/s390/net/lcs.h
index bd52caa3b11b..a2699b70b050 100644
--- a/drivers/s390/net/lcs.h
+++ b/drivers/s390/net/lcs.h
@@ -21,7 +21,7 @@ do { \
 #define LCS_DBF_TEXT_(level,name,text...) \
 	do { \
 		if (debug_level_enabled(lcs_dbf_##name, level)) { \
-			sprintf(debug_buffer, text); \
+			scnprintf(debug_buffer, sizeof(debug_buffer), text); \
 			debug_text_event(lcs_dbf_##name, level, debug_buffer); \
 		} \
 	} while (0)
-- 
2.39.2