Subject: Re: pull-request: ieee802154 for net-next 2023-06-23

From: Miquel Raynal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 12:39:57 +0200

Hi Jakub,

[email-masked] wrote on Sat, 24 Jun 2023 15:59:47 -0700:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 19:55:06 +0200 Miquel Raynal wrote:
> > As you know, we are trying to build a wpan maintainers group so here is
> > my first ieee802154 pull-request for your *net-next* tree.  
> 
> Pulled thanks!
> 
> In the future, please try to avoid merging in tags from Linus's tree
> directly. You can send a PR to net-next and fast forward, that results
> in a more straightforward shape of the history, and avoids getting 
> the back-merging wrong (Linus said a couple of times that any cross-
> -merge must have an explanation in the commit message, for example).

I agree merging upstream tags darkens the history. So IIUC, it's fine
to have an -rc tag higher than -rc1 as base, but you prefer to receive
one merge request per "base tag". Duly noted.

Thanks!
Miquèl