Subject: Re: [PATCH] r8152: Suspend USB device before shutdown when WoL is enabled

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:12:25 -0700

On Thu,  6 Jul 2023 18:28:58 +0000 Alexandru Gagniuc wrote:
> For Wake-on-LAN to work from S5 (shutdown), the USB link must be put
> in U3 state. If it is not, and the host "disappears", the chip will
> no longer respond to WoL triggers.
>  
> To resolve this, add a notifier block and register it as a reboot
> notifier. When WoL is enabled, work through the usb_device struct to
> get to the suspend function. Calling this function puts the link in
> the correct state for WoL to function.

Would be good to hear from USB experts on this one, to an outside seems
like something that the bus should be doing, possibly based on some
driver opt-in..

> Cc: [email-masked]
> Signed-off-by: Alexandru Gagniuc <[email-masked]>

Please add a Fixes tag - I'm guessing it dates back to

Fixes: 21ff2e8976b1 ("r8152: support WOL")

?
-- 
pw-bot: cr