Subject: [PATCH v2 00/15] spi: Header and core clean up and refactoring

From: Andy Shevchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 18:49:17 +0300

Various cleanups and refactorings of the SPI header and core parts
united in a single series. It also touches drivers under SPI subsystem
folder on the pure renaming purposes of some constants.

No functional change intended.

Changelog v2:
- added new patches 3,4,5,10,13,14
- massaged comment and kernel doc in patch 9
- split used to be patch 4 to patches 11,12
- covered a few things in SPI core in patch 15
- amended commit message for above (Mark)
- reshuffled patches in the series for better logical grouping

Andy Shevchenko (15):
  spi: Remove unneeded OF node NULL checks
  spi: Drop duplicate IDR allocation code in spi_register_controller()
  spi: Replace if-else-if by bitops and multiplications
  spi: Replace open coded spi_controller_xfer_timeout()
  spi: Remove code duplication in spi_add_device_locked()
  spi: Use sysfs_emit() to instead of s*printf()
  spi: Sort headers alphabetically
  spi: Clean up headers
  spi: Use struct_size() helper
  spi: Use predefined constants from bits.h and units.h
  spi: Get rid of old SPI_MASTER_NO_TX & SPI_MASTER_NO_RX
  spi: Get rid of old SPI_MASTER_MUST_TX & SPI_MASTER_MUST_RX
  spi: Rename SPI_MASTER_GPIO_SS to SPI_CONTROLLER_GPIO_SS
  spi: Convert to SPI_CONTROLLER_HALF_DUPLEX
  spi: Fix spelling typos and acronyms capitalization

 drivers/spi/spi-amd.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-at91-usart.c      |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-ath79.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-atmel.c           |   4 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-bitbang-txrx.h    |  16 +--
 drivers/spi/spi-bitbang.c         |   8 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-cavium-thunderx.c |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-davinci.c         |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-dw-core.c         |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-falcon.c          |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-fsl-lpspi.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-gpio.c            |  10 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-imx.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-lp8841-rtc.c      |  10 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-meson-spicc.c     |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-mt65xx.c          |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-mxs.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-omap-uwire.c      |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-orion.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-pci1xxxx.c        |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-pic32-sqi.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-pic32.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-qcom-qspi.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-rb4xx.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-rockchip-sfc.c    |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-rockchip.c        |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-sifive.c          |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-slave-mt27xx.c    |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-sprd-adi.c        |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-ti-qspi.c         |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-xcomm.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi-xtensa-xtfpga.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/spi/spi.c                 | 204 ++++++++++++------------------
 include/linux/spi/spi.h           | 198 +++++++++++++++++------------
 include/trace/events/spi.h        |   2 +-
 36 files changed, 247 insertions(+), 261 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.0.1.gaa8946217a0b