Subject: [PATCH net-next v5 0/2] net: stmmac: improve driver statistics

From: Jisheng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 00:06:28 +0800

improve the stmmac driver statistics:

1. don't clear network driver statistics in .ndo_close() and
.ndo_open() cycle
2. avoid some network driver statistics overflow on 32 bit platforms
3. use per-queue statistics where necessary to remove frequent
cacheline ping pongs.

NOTE: v1 and v2 are back ported from an internal LTS tree, I made
some mistakes when backporting and squashing. Now, net-next + v3
has been well tested with 'ethtool -s' and 'ip -s link show'.

Since v4:
  - rebased on the latest net-next

Since v3:
  - coding style pointed out by Simon, I.E reverse xmas tree for local
    variable declarations and so on.
  - put the counters in queue structs, I.E per-queue rather than per-cpu
  - use _irqsave() variant where necessary.

Since v2:
  - fix ethtool .get_sset_count, .get_strings and per queue stats
    couting.
  - fix .ndo_get_stats64 only counts the last cpu's pcpu stats.
  - fix typo: s/iff/if in commit msg.
  - remove unnecessary if statement brackets since we have removed
    one LoC.

Since v1:
  - rebase on net-next
  - fold two original patches into one patch
  - fix issues found by lkp
  - update commit msg

Jisheng Zhang (2):
  net: stmmac: don't clear network statistics in .ndo_open()
  net: stmmac: use per-queue 64 bit statistics where necessary

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h  |  39 ++--
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sun8i.c |  12 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac100_dma.c    |   7 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_descs.c    |  16 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_lib.c  |  15 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac_lib.c   |  12 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_descs.c  |   6 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_dma.c    |  14 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/enh_desc.c    |  20 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h    |  12 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/norm_desc.c   |  15 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h  |   2 +
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c  | 123 ++++++++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 206 ++++++++++++++----
 14 files changed, 337 insertions(+), 162 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.0