Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] net: page_pool: remove page_pool_release_page()

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:04:05 -0700

page_pool_return_page() is a historic artefact from before
recycling of pages attached to skbs was supported. Theoretical
uses for it may be thought up but in practice all existing
users can be converted to use skb_mark_for_recycle() instead.

This code was previously posted as part of the memory provider RFC.

Jakub Kicinski (4):
  eth: tsnep: let page recycling happen with skbs
  eth: stmmac: let page recycling happen with skbs
  net: page_pool: hide page_pool_release_page()
  net: page_pool: merge page_pool_release_page() with
    page_pool_return_page()

 Documentation/networking/page_pool.rst            | 11 ++++-------
 drivers/net/ethernet/engleder/tsnep_main.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c |  4 ++--
 include/net/page_pool.h                           | 10 ++--------
 net/core/page_pool.c                              | 13 ++-----------
 5 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0