Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] eth: bnxt: handle invalid Tx completions more gracefully

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:04:37 -0700

bnxt trusts the events generated by the device which may lead to kernel
crashes. These are extremely rare but they do happen. For a while
I thought crashing may be intentional, because device reporting invalid
completions should never happen, and having a core dump could be useful
if it does. But in practice I haven't found any clues in the core dumps,
and panic_on_warn exists.

Series was tested by forcing the recovery path manually. Because of
how rare the real crashes are I can't confirm it works for the actual
device errors until it's been widely deployed.

v2:
 - factor out the reset scheduling
 - also add a check on the XDP path
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  eth: bnxt: move and rename reset helpers
  eth: bnxt: take the bit to set as argument of bnxt_queue_sp_work()
  eth: bnxt: handle invalid Tx completions more gracefully

 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c     | 154 ++++++++++--------
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.h     |   3 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_xdp.c |   4 +
 3 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0