Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] scripts: get_maintainer: steer people away from using file paths

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 17:27:58 -0700

On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 20:24:06 -0400 Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 05:11:23PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > Hm, hm. I wasn't thrilled by the idea of sending people a notification
> > that "you weren't CCed on this patch, here's a link". But depending on
> > your definition of "hitting the feed" it sounds like we may be able to
> > insert the CC into the actual email before it hits lore? That'd be
> > very cool! At least for the lists already migrated from vger to korg?  
> 
> No, inserting their addresses into message headers would invalidate DKIM,
> which is not what we want to do. However, the idea is that they would receive
> the actual patches in the same way they would receive them if they were
> subscribed to a mailing list.

Ugh, right :S

> Think as if instead of being Cc'd on patches, they got Bcc'd on them.

I was being crafty 'cause if the CC is present in the lore archive
our patchwork check would see it :] 
But cant just trust the automation and kill the check, then.