Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] mlx5: Expose NIC temperature via hwmon API

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 11:59:20 -0700

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>

Expose NIC temperature by implementing hwmon kernel API, which turns
current thermal zone kernel API to redundant.

For each one of the supported and exposed thermal diode sensors, expose
the following attributes:
1) Input temperature.
2) Highest temperature.
3) Temperature label.
4) Temperature critical max value:
   refers to the high threshold of Warning Event. Will be exposed as
   `tempY_crit` hwmon attribute (RO attribute). For example for
   ConnectX5 HCA's this temperature value will be 105 Celsius, 10
   degrees lower than the HW shutdown temperature).
5) Temperature reset history: resets highest temperature.

Adham Faris (2):
  net/mlx5: Expose port.c/mlx5_query_module_num() function
  net/mlx5: Expose NIC temperature via hardware monitoring kernel API

 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/Makefile  |   2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/hwmon.c   | 428 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/hwmon.h   |  24 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c    |   8 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/mlx5_core.h   |   1 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/port.c    |   2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/thermal.c | 114 -----
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/thermal.h |  20 -
 include/linux/mlx5/driver.h                   |   3 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h                 |  14 +-
 10 files changed, 474 insertions(+), 142 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/hwmon.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/hwmon.h
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/thermal.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/thermal.h

-- 
2.41.0