Subject: [PATCH bpf-next 0/3] net: struct netdev_rx_queue and xdp.h reshuffling

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 17:32:43 -0700

While poking at struct netdev_rx_queue I got annoyed by
the huge rebuild times. I split it out from netdevice.h
and then realized that it was the main reason we included
xdp.h in there. So I removed that dependency as well.

This gives us very pleasant build times for both xdp.h
and struct netdev_rx_queue changes.

I'm sending this for bpf-next because I think it'd be easiest
if it goes in there, and then bpf-next gets flushed soon after?
I can also make a branch on merge-base for net-next and bpf-next..

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  eth: add missing xdp.h includes in drivers
  net: move struct netdev_rx_queue out of netdevice.h
  net: invert the netdevice.h vs xdp.h dependency

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c               |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.h  |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/engleder/tsnep.h         |  1 +
 .../net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.h  |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/enetc/enetc.h  |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.h          |  1 +
 .../ethernet/fungible/funeth/funeth_txrx.h    |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/google/gve/gve.h         |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igc/igc.h          |  1 +
 .../ethernet/microchip/lan966x/lan966x_main.h |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h  |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_priv.h           |  1 +
 drivers/net/hyperv/hyperv_net.h               |  1 +
 drivers/net/tap.c                             |  1 +
 drivers/net/virtio_net.c                      |  1 +
 include/linux/filter.h                        | 17 ------
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     | 55 ++-----------------
 include/net/busy_poll.h                       |  1 +
 include/net/mana/mana.h                       |  2 +
 include/net/netdev_rx_queue.h                 | 53 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/net/xdp.h                             | 27 ++++++++-
 include/trace/events/xdp.h                    |  1 +
 kernel/bpf/btf.c                              |  1 +
 kernel/bpf/offload.c                          |  1 +
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                         |  1 +
 net/bpf/test_run.c                            |  1 +
 net/core/dev.c                                |  1 +
 net/core/net-sysfs.c                          |  1 +
 net/xdp/xsk.c                                 |  1 +
 30 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 include/net/netdev_rx_queue.h

-- 
2.41.0